Following initial accreditation, accreditation will be renewed annually for TPAs by the BDAV, provided the accredited assessor complies with the BDAV’s requirements as set out in the Code of Conduct for TPAs. Annual renewal is subject to the assessor:
- maintaining BDAV membership during the term of the accreditation;
- satisfactorily passing the annual check tests;
- not having had his/her accreditation revoked;
- having no unresolved disputes;
- achieving a minimum of twelve Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points per annum (6 points must be achieved in technical training with the accredited software);
- maintaining current Professional Indemnity insurance cover during the period of accreditation;
- paying the required annual accreditation fee to BDAV.
Should the accredited assessor conduct less than five ratings within a 12-month period, the BDAV may request such assessor to attend a relevant training course and/or demonstrate competency in the use of their nominate software prior to an annual accreditation renewal being approved.