Training Qualification for Energy Raters
The BDAV was notified in September 2013 by the NatHERS Administrator that the Course in Building Thermal Performance (Residential) NSW91318 expired on 30 June 2013 and is no longer being offered as a nationally accredited or a Vocational Educational Training qualification. From 1 July 2013, the Certificate IV in NatHERS Assessment is available for assessors seeking accreditation with a NatHERS Assessor Accrediting Organisation (AAO). From 1 July 2013 to 31 December 2013, assessors seeking accreditation with an AAO can hold either Certificate IV in NatHERS Assessment or the Statement of Attainment in Building Thermal Performance (Residential) NTIS code 91318NSW. From 1 July 2015, all assessors accredited with an AAO will be required to hold a Certificate IV in NatHERS Assessment.
The following Registered Training Organisations offer the Certificate IV in NatHERS Assessment:
• Chisholm Institute of TAFE: http://www.chisholm.edu.au
• SmartRate: http://www.smartrate.com.au/
• TAFE SA: http://www.tafesa.edu.au/xml/course/aw/aw_tp00460.aspx
• Transformed: http://www.transformed.com.au/training/bldg.html
• Wodonga TAFE: https://www.wodongatafe.edu.au/
Details on their scheduling, registration etc are available on their respective sites.